AUM or Om is a is a sacred sound and a spiritual icon in Indian religions. It is also a mantra in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism.
The Om symbol is a ligature in Devanagari, combining ओ (au) and chandrabindu (ँ, ṃ). In Unicode, the symbol is encoded at U+0950 ॐ DEVANAGARI OM and at U+1F549 🕉OM SYMBOL (“generic symbol independent of Devanagari font”).
Om in various scripts
- OM or AUM Consists of Chanting of three words in a sequence “AAAAAAA…..”, “OUUUUUU………” and “MMMMMMM……”
- Chanting of “AAAAAA” loudly can help in resonance of nervous system, So when u loudly chant AAAAA, your nervous system gets activated.
- Chanting of “OUUUU” loudly can help in resonance of Chest and Throat , So when u loudly chant OUUUU, your Chest and Throat gets exercised and rejuvenated.
- Chanting of “MMMM” loudly can help in resonance of Nasal Cavity and Brain , So when u loudly chant MMMM, your Nasal Cavity and Brain gets exercised and rejuvenated.
- The power of the AUM or OM word lies within its characters, even if we cut our tongue, we can still pronounce A,U and M.
- While we Chant AUM or OM, We produce sound of frequency 432Hz which activates the sound processing power of body.
- This fact is based on the principle of echolation.
- While chanting AUM/OM following Sine waves are produced.
- The maximum range of the sound frequency is reached while chanting “OOOOO” while lowest frequency denotes chanting of “MMMMM”.
- Chanting of OM touches the uppermost and lowermost sound frequencies and Sound resonance of Humans.
Some Never Ending Benefits:-
- Chanting of the Om Mantra purifies the environment around you and creates positive vibrations.
- It cleanses your aura.
- The ॐ chanting removes toxin from your body.
- It is said to give you better immunity and self-healing power.
- It improves your concentration and helps you focus on whatever your goals may be.
- The ॐ chanting actually improves your voice by giving strength to your vocal cords and the muscles around it. This is very helpful during old age. The ॐ chanting produces a vibration and sound which is felt through your vocal cords and sinuses. The vibrations open up the sinuses to clear the airways.
- The Om Mantra has cardiovascular benefits – by relaxing our mind and body, our blood pressure will decrease and our heart will beat with regular rhythm.
- Through chanting and meditation, you can have better control over your emotions, thus allowing you to see situations with a clear and rational mind.
- When the OM Mantra is chanted in a group, the effects are amplified and this will produce immense positive vibrations which charge up the entire vicinity.
- Some people have also claimed to lose weight through ॐ chanting as it puts your entire body in a heightened state of sensitivity – its vibrations are thought to stimulate your metabolism which would lead to weight loss.
- It has been our experience that Om can even help cleanse your skin. The massive levels of internal positive energy and a cleansed aura that come from chanting the Om Mantra regularly will be reflected externally with a sunny glow on your face and body.
- Your spinal cord is strengthened through the vibrations caused by sound of Aaaa. As this sound is generated from abdomen, it helps to strenthen the supporting muscles of the spinal cord.
- The sound uuu is created by vocal cords which benefit the thyroid glands and the throat.
- It is said that rubbing your hands together while ॐ chanting and putting those charged hands on different parts of body heals or activates those body parts.
- If those energy charged hands are put on your eyes, your eye sight will start improving.
Sources and References:-